I uploaded the 1.2 update to PewPew yesterday. I have been working on it for several weeks, so there's a lot of changes!
First of all, there is a new game mode! I was not planning on adding one right away, but the survey made me change my mind. I won't spoil the surprise about how it's played, but I guarantee it is without a doubt the best mode yet.
Not shown here: insane amount of enemies.
Secondly, there is now an online high score board! In a couple of days, I will post about a small website with all the scores.
Thirdly, all the old game modes have been tweaked: I added a bonus to reward speed in "Dodge This", and there is a new type of enemy in "Assault".
Of course, there are some small new optimizations that should improve the frame rate a bit on the old iPhones and iPods Touch.
Here's the complete list of what is new:
- new game mode, called "megagore"
- online scores
- the possibility to move the camera freely when watching a replay
- the possibility to flip the screen (useful for iPhone owners)
- the possibility to disable the text notifications during the game
- a tougher enemy in "Assault", forcing the player to move
- an efficiency bonus in "Dodge This"
- colors in the nick names
- lots of small optimizations
- one less spelling mistake (thanks for pointing it out in the comments Anonymous)